Thrifty Trio!!!!

This is a blog dedicated to being a frugal mom! I am a mother, wife, and a 5th grade teacher. When I have time I am online looking for great deals. This helps me to use my coupons in a thrifty way! Leave me a comment so I know you stopped by!

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Something to think about...

I am really struggling with going to the store and only buying things that we "need". I come from a long line of shoppers and impulse shoppers at that. We went to Target last night for groceries and a couple great deals, that led into a 90 bill!!!! What in the world?!?!?!

Our goal for 2010 is to pay off our credit card debt, and that will make us free of our adoption debt. We are not talking about vacations and crazy spending, it is 95% adoption cost and 5% surgery/medical expenses. Now that I have aired my dirty laundry on the internet we can all breathe a little easier :)

Our short term goal for the weeks leading to Christmas is to "live off of our pantry". This means that we will not shop for anything but the perishable items on our menu. Such as bananas (princess), milk (princess), bread (which we are going to start getting at the "bread store"), and any other produce that we might need.

I was interested to see on a fellow bloggers' site that they buy cheese in 5 pound blocks at Costco. I am thinking we are going to go that way too. As a family of 3 we consume a bunch of cheese every week. A little more than I think we should, but what can you do :)

Alright enough random blogging for the morning. We are going to get the house decorated today (finished up) and I am going to do some baking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment