Thrifty Trio!!!!

This is a blog dedicated to being a frugal mom! I am a mother, wife, and a 5th grade teacher. When I have time I am online looking for great deals. This helps me to use my coupons in a thrifty way! Leave me a comment so I know you stopped by!

Monday, November 30, 2009

Cyber Monday!

I am totally out of the loop on this one. I had no idea that this existed and it is not as celebrated as black friday. If anyone out there has any hints or tips for me please let me know :)

I have been following some advice found on www.moneysavingmom.com and I checked a book out of the library about being frugal and living on one income. One of the tips is to "waste not, want not" which we have a problem with in my household. If we have leftovers they would be good for maybe one lunch and then get put in the trash. Not anymore, everything is getting repurposed in the Efird kitchen :)

Thanksgiving was the perfect test to putting meals in the fridge. I made "carcass soup" thanks to a co-worker, which is just turkey soup where it starts with you boiling the turkey carcass and add ingredients that you want to your soup. We added; rice, carrots, celery, onion and it turned out soooooo good. We then served it to friends and ourselves and had a ton left. We ate it one more day with leftover mashed potatoes and now it is seperated into three more meals in our freezer!!!!!

I took the leftover mashed potatoes and made potato soup! It is now in the fridge for lunches today! The next goal is to do something yummy with the turkey breast that I have left!!!!

Does anyone have any good recipes to share with others?

No comments:

Post a Comment